The evolution of the market of PCs and laptops tends to lead us more and more to hybrid products. Some of them look more like laptops than tablets and vice versa. All these models can be a little confusing for the consumer. We’re here to answer the people wondering what does 2 in 1 laptop mean.
What Does 2 in 1 Laptop Mean?
A “2 in 1 laptop” is a touch-optimized convertible laptop that combines the advantages of a laptop and a tablet in a single unit. Think of it as a detachable tablet with both a touch screen and a physical keyboard.
There are many names in the market for them, but with “2 in 1” always present: 2 in 1 laptop, 2 in 1 tablet; 2 in 1 PC and so on. All 2 in 1 laptop consists of two principal elements: a thin, light chassis and a keyboard. This body has a monitor, USB ports, Audio (I&O) among other features like a touchscreen.
Internally, you’ll find all the regular elements of a laptop: CPU, motherboard, RAM Memory, and Hard Disk.
If you’re in the market for a super thin laptop, we’ve reviewed the best options on the market!
What’s the Point of a 2 in 1 Laptop?
As we can see, a 2 in 1 Laptop has all the main features of a laptop in a tablet, with a detachable or sliding keyboard. The point of a 2 in 1 laptop is to have all the power of a laptop with the versatility and mobility of a tablet. This is particularly helpful if you’re a more on the go user.
Can 2 in 1 Laptop Have Apps?
Yes, just like a tablet or a smartphone, you can have apps in a 2 in 1 laptop. You can download all sorts of apps from the cloud.
Are All 2 in 1 Laptops Touchscreen?
What defines a 2 in 1 laptop is the presence of a physical keyboard and the touchscreen feature. Without those two elements, you would not have a 2 in 1 laptop.
Are 2 in 1 Laptops Any Good?
A 2 in 1 laptop is a very useful computer if you are looking for a device lighter and thinner than a laptop, but with most of its features. They are great for students going to college, or for casual use at home in the evenings.
However, if you’re a power user that needs to perform tasks that need a lot of requirements, there might be better models for you.
What Are the Best 2 in 1 Laptops?
There are lots of alternatives in 2 in1 laptops. You can choose from different sizes, budgets, and designs. We’ve reviewed great models like the Lenovo Flex, and Lenovo Yoga; the Microsoft Surface; HP Elite; and the Dell Inspiron. These are all fine examples of performance within budget.
What Are The Differences Between 2 In 1s Laptops And Tablets?
Before picking out one, it’s important to know the differences between laptops and tablets that are 2 in 1.
What Makes a Good 2 in 1 Laptop?
- It’s the most powerful and complex equipment of the trio. It has a powerful processor, an SSD Drive, and enough RAM memory.
- With a laptop, you can choose between the Apple OS System or the Android OS System. Both have strengths and characteristics that can adapt to the personality and particular taste of each user.
What Makes a Good 2 in 1 Tablet?
- A tablet is a portable computer device designed mainly for multimedia consumption, its big touchscreen maximizes the experience of a video, music or even reading a book.
- While a tablet has less powerful features than a laptop. It compensates for it with a compact size and portability.
- Just like laptops, you can choose the OS of your preference. Android, Chrome OS and OS in their different releases and versions allow you to enjoy a rich experience.
Is a 2 in 1 Laptop or Tablet Better?
To know which is better, it all depends on your needs, requirements, and taste as a user. To decide what’s best for you, take these into consideration to make your call
- Intended Use: If you need to use complex apps or software on a daily basis (like statistical, engineering or design), your ideal choice is a laptop, like this HP Pavillion. Applies the same if you are a heavy or advanced gamer.
- Weight: If you travel a lot, commute, or your job demands to move frequently, a 2 in 1 device is the ideal choice, due to its powerful processor, but lightweight and thin design. Take, for example, the Lenovo Flex which weighs only 3,52 pounds while a standard a laptop can easily weigh 5 pounds.
- Screen size: Generally, most notebook screens are above 13 inches, while 2 in 1 laptops are between 11 and 13 inches. Tablets work better with smaller sizes, between 7 and 9 inches. If you work in graphic design or illustration, for example, you may need a bigger screen.
- Fun: Are you looking for a device to watch videos and movies on the go? Do you only need to do simple things like checking your banking account and email? Then a tablet could be better for you.
A 2 in 1 laptop combines the power of a computer with the portability of a tablet. There are many models, so it is highly recommendable to do exhaustive research before acquiring this device. Likewise, it’s convenient to evaluate other alternatives, like tablets and laptops by themselves, before making a decision.