If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Backpacks used to be the best way to carry laptops around. Now, we’ve found they’re just unhealthy, uncomfortable and inconvenient to use. If you need a laptop bag that doesn’t strain your back and mess with your posture, you should consider buying a rolling laptop bag. The best rolling laptop bag is not only easy to travel with but also versatile, flexible and stylish.
However, with the overabundance of rolling laptop bags in the market, getting one that clicks with your unique travel needs may not be easy. There’s no need to worry, though. We have done extensive research and prepared a definitive guide to help you buy the right rolling laptop bag for you.
- Top Rolling Laptop Bag Reviews
- Best Overall Laptop Bag: Solo Bryant
- Best Laptop Bag for the Money: Perry Ellis
- Best Cheap Rolling Laptop Bag: AmazonBasics
- Best Laptop Bag for Women: McKlein W Series Willowbrook Women’s Detachable Wheeled Briefcase
- Best Laptop Bag for Men: Alpine Swiss Rolling Laptop Bag
- Best Laptop Bag for Durability: Samsonite Classic Business Case
- Best Laptop Bag Design: Solo Walker Rolling Laptop Bag
- Features to Consider in a Rolling Laptop Bag
Top Rolling Laptop Bag Reviews
The following are our top recommendations for good laptop wheeling bags to buy. We have categorized these rolling bags on overall quality, budget, and gender so you can select one based on what you’re specifically looking for.
Best Overall Laptop Bag: Solo Bryant
While doing our research, one thing invariably came up; many travelers are fond of the Solo Bryant Rolling Laptop Case and even the harshest of critics have a soft spot for it.
There’s a good reason for that. This 17.3-inch rolling laptop bag is anything but ordinary. This bag packs value, durability, style, spaciousness, and affordability in the same package. As a traveler, you want a bag that offers enough room for your laptop and other valuables without being too pricey.
Additionally, if you pride yourself on being innovative and are on the lookout for smart ways to keep your equipment safe without much hassle, then Solo Bryant won’t disappoint. This rolling laptop bag is versatile and you can comfortably use it in both formal and casual occasions.
The Solo Bryant rolling laptop bag is also affordable without sacrificing its quality. Overall, you get an all-round and stylish mobile bag for a great price. Compared to other options on this list, you will get a pretty good deal with only a few downsides.
For instance, we noticed that the wheels can only move forward and backward. There are more posh bags whose wheels can spin 360 degrees giving them a lot of mobility power.
Features We Love
- A hidden push-button telescoping handle system that causes the handles to retract and zip into the bag when you’re done wheeling
- Compact and durable pair of wheels merged into the bag to ensure smooth and speedy gliding
- A polyester body which is not only simple and classy but also durable and long-lasting.
- A padded laptop compartment which makes for a perfect home for any 17.3-inch or smaller laptop
- A pair of front-zippered pockets that houses organizers for small stuff such as papers, books, files, pens and business cards
- A small size that is ideal for storing under airplane seats or overhead bins so you don’t have to sit too far from your luggage
- Dimensions: 17 x 8.75 x 14.75 inches
- Color options: Black and Grey
- Compatibility: Fits 17-inch laptops or smaller ones
- Warranty: 5 years
- Being more than 17 inches, most laptops can fit into it
- 5 years warranty is hard to ignore
- Good value for money
- Durable and long-lasting
- Plenty of storage options
- You can store different valuables apart from the laptop
- Suitable for both formal or casual occasions
- Unlockable zippers make it less secure
- Limited mobility since the wheels do not spin 360 degrees
- LAPTOP BAG FOR COMMUTE AND BUSINESS: The Solo New York Bryant Rolling Laptop Bag features a padded...
- ORGANIZED MOBILE OFFICE: This rolling bag includes a spacious compartment that accommodates...
- QUICK ACCESS: Our rolling laptop bag is packed with loads of storage; The full-size front zipper...
Best Laptop Bag for the Money: Perry Ellis
Although smaller with a shorter warranty period, the Perry Ellis Rolling Bag has one huge advantage over the Solo Bryant; greater mobility. Unlike the former model which has two inline wheels, Perry Ellis packs four sets of spinners which totals eight wheels.
The wheels can spin to provide 360-degree mobility, something the Solo Bryant fails at. It also features a retractable handle allowing for much-needed maneuverability, that is, seamlessly switching from wheeling to carrying in a few seconds.
The Perry Ellis 8-Wheel Spinner Mobile Office bag doesn’t cost much but offers great value. Despite being multifunctional, durable and versatile, Perry Ellis still manages to be on the budget end when compared to other rolling laptop bags with similar features.
Most bags are wheeled at an angle, and Perry Ellis has an upright handle which makes it perfect for different heights. If you are taller, you might find rolling bags with short handles a bit of a struggle so this one brings great relief.
While an upright wheeling position is great, it also means that the bag can easily tip over when your the contents of your luggage aren’t even. So, make sure to arrange your stuff neatly and uniformly to properly distribute weight throughout the bag.
The bag comes in a small carry-on size making it a good option for people who prefer smaller bags. It’s also lightweight and can easily fit under your airplane seat and overhead bins for easy access.
For example, our other recommendation, the Alpine Swiss is a comparable price but doesn’t match the feature set and versatility of Perry Ellis. However, Alpine Swiss is more stylish, bigger, and a great fit for men looking to stand out without breaking the bank.
Features we Love
- A durable material: a combination of nylon and polypropylene in a 50:50 proportion
- A padded laptop compartment that is highly cushioned to offer maximum protection for your laptop.
- The compartment can accommodate up to 13.5-inch laptops
- Four sets of spinning wheels for a smooth 360-degree movement
- Spinning wheeler system allows for a quick change of direction and seamless gliding
- Adjustable push-button handle
- A front organizer pocket for storing smaller accessories
- Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 16 x 9.5 x 15.5 inches
- Color: Black
- Compatibility: Can fit up to a 13.5-inch laptop or a 15-inch MacBook Pro
- Warranty: Three years
- Lightweight – Weighs no more than 4 pounds
- Small size: can comfortably fit 13-inch or smaller laptops
- enough space to store clothes and other valuables
- Lockable zipper
- A convenient 8-wheel rolling spinner system that allows for quick and easy change of direction
- May tip over when items are not evenly loaded
- Not a good option for laptops bigger than 13.5 inches
- The shape is a bit rigid
- Ballistic construction
- Spacious compartment
- Laptop compartment fits up to a 13.5"
Best Cheap Rolling Laptop Bag: AmazonBasics
Rolling laptop bags are pricier than regular bags. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get a budget option. The AmazonBasics is a good example of a bag that packs great value for a small price. It doesn’t boast of robust security features like the pricey cases but it offers enough to easily move your stuff around in a secure manner.
If you are looking for the best rolling laptop bag that is bigger than the Perry Ellis but cheaper, this one will be perfect. Of course, you will have to sacrifice a few fancy features like the rolling spinner system but you’ll be pretty comfortable knowing that you saved a few bucks. AmazonBasics is a light low-profile bag that offers great maneuverability yet ignores essential security features.
This is the cheapest rolling laptop bag on this list. If you’re a rookie traveler and looking for a simple bag that ticks all the right boxes for a low price, this will be a good fit for you. Although it lacks the sophistication of pricier options, its simplicity and versatility are hard to ignore.
It also has a telescoping handle with a push-button lock for security and easy maneuverability. The front pocket has a lockable zip that is very easy to access.
Get this one if you value simplicity or just don’t have a fat wallet. Otherwise, the Solo Bryant and Perry Ellis have upgraded features and are better options if you’re willing to sacrifice a few more bucks.
Features We Love
- A primary zippered compartment for bulkier items such as clothes, shoes, and books
- A 15.6-inch laptop compartment
- Velcro strap to keep the laptop from moving around while in motion
- Laptop compartment can also store thin items like files and magazines
- A third compartment for packing smaller items like notepads, pens and business cards
- Weight: 51 pounds
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 14.5 x 7.5 inches
- Color: Black
- Compatibility: fits 15-inch laptops or smaller
- Simple and clean design
- Lots of storage space
- Has a velcro strap to keep your laptop secured in place while moving
- Zippers are not lockable
- Rolling laptop case designed for on-the-go professionals
- Easy-access front pocket with compartments for smaller items like pens, notepads, and business cards
- Designed to protect laptops with up to 15.6 inch screens
Best Laptop Bag for Women: McKlein W Series Willowbrook Women’s Detachable Wheeled Briefcase
Women are hard to impress when it comes to bags. They have many preferences and won’t settle for anything ordinary. Luckily, we found a laptop rolling bag that might win you over.
The McKlein W Series Willowbrook Briefcase is not a dream bag, but it’s not average either.
While it comes in a variety of colors, the rolling case is only available in black. This is a bit of an inconvenience, yet black fits all purposes and occasions. Also, the color is good at hiding any dirt or stains.
However, the black rolling case still looks great. If you want other colors you will have to sacrifice the rolling capability. It’s okay to change your mind if you prefer style over functionality but will miss out on the convenience brought by rolling bags.
The McKlein W Series Willowbrook Women’s Rolling Briefcase is a bit pricier than most of our recommendations but packs incredible features. If you are willing to spend the extra money, you will get a bag that will serve you for a long time. Otherwise, you are free to check out more affordable options like the AmazonBasics, which is short on some features but still good enough.
Features we Love
- A Patented 2-in-1 wheel and handle system easy to detach
- A front zipper pocket easy to access
- A comfy 17-inch laptop sleeve
- The sleeve uses a high-intensity foam that will prevent your devices from damage by absorbing shock and moisture
- Laptop compartment also has an ABS honeycomb frame that helps to shield your laptop from exterior impact
- A classic interior organizer with pockets for storing such items as business cards, pens, earphones, key holders and other small devices
- A strap attachment system used to provide your laptop more protection during movement
- A protective waterproof cover
- Material: Italian Leather
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 18.5 x 14.5 inches
- Weight: 7.9 pounds
- Laptop Compartment Size: 15.5x2x12 inches
- Color: Black
- Durable Italian leather
- Detachable wheel and handle system
- Stylish and versatile
- Only one color option for the rolling case
- Exclusive to McKleinUSA! Patented 2-in-1 Detachable Wheel and Handle System Quick access front...
- Interior organizer with storage space for media devices, business cards, key holder and pens
- Double compartment divided by secured zipper pocket for important documents
Best Laptop Bag for Men: Alpine Swiss Rolling Laptop Bag
Finding a good rolling laptop bag men is a bit easier than for women. That’s why we didn’t have to look far to find the 17-inch Alpine Swiss. This bag parallels the Solo Bryant in most of its features and it’s also masculine and more likely to pique the interest of men.
It has a clean and simple design. We loved it for its practicability, durability, and versatility. It is spacious with a lot of storage options for keeping your equipment safe and intact.
The Alpine Swiss carries a higher price tag than both the Solo Bryant and Perry Ellis, though the features it has might make it worth it for you. So, if you are looking for cheaper options those two will be good alternatives.
Overall, it has a unique style and elegance to it that will allow you to travel in style. This bag is a good alternative for men who find the Solo Bryant at fault. They share most features but this one is more durable and spacious.
Features We Love
- Leatherette finish gives the bag a touch of sophistication and class
- Two in-line wheels are sturdy and compact which spin at 360-degrees to provide better mobility
- Retractable handle locks that you can easily adjust to fit different heights
- A carry handle is also available in case you need to carry the bag instead of rolling
- The main compartment has a neat organizer composed of two pen slots, a card slot, and a zipper pocket
- 17-inch padded laptop sleeve with an elastic strap to keep the laptop in place
- Outside pockets and organizers for small items
- 2-inch front pocket comes with a button latch while the side pockets can fit most legal-sized files
- A laptop compartment that can hold 15.6-inch or smaller laptops
- Measurements: 16 x 12 x 5 inches
- Material: Colombian Jacquetta leather
- Main closure: Top zippers
- Color: Black
- Durable material
- Spacious with a lot of storage options
- High-quality build
- Great for business and formal trips
- Has a TSA approved carry-on size
- Limited mobility
- Wheels cannot spin
- TSA APPROVED CARRY ON SIZE – Measures 19" x 14" x 9" TSA approved carry-on size for all carriers....
- LAPTOP SLEEVE – Main compartment features a divided folder and a padded laptop sleeve with secure...
- SPACIOUS, ORGANIZED, SECURE – Main section flap-over comes with organizer that includes a card...
Best Laptop Bag for Durability: Samsonite Classic Business Case
The 15.6-inch Samsonite business case has a touch of simplicity that befits the modern traveler. The design is neither sophisticated nor complicated yet easy to spot. This is the bag we recommend for people who value durability above any other feature.
That doesn’t mean that Samsonite is only good at lasting longer than the other models. It also has some incredible features that categorize it with high-end rollers. This bag is not as spacious as the Solo Bryant or the McKlein W Series Willowbrook but will comfortably fit in your laptop plus a few other valuables.
Samsonite is not cheap, but it is affordable. The difference lies in a good investment for travelers who are looking for a rolling laptop bag that they can stick with for a long time. You will spend a little more than some of the other options but this is not a purchase you are going to regret.
Features We Love
- A large front pocket for storing small items like business cards, pens, ATM cards, and IDs
- A laptop compartment that can fit up to 15.6-inch and smaller laptops
- Large compartments have straps to keep your items in place while traveling
- Two carrying handles make the bag lighter by distributing weight
- A telescoping handle which seamlessly retracts and extends at the touch of a button
- Durable body made of ballistic nylon
- Material: Ballistic Nylon
- Dimensions: 17.2 x 14.8 x 10 inches
- Weight: 8.75 pounds
- Color: Black
- More durable than most recommendations in this list
- Has lots of compartments for storing small items
- Professional look making it a perfect fit for business people
- Impressive design with a flawless finish
- Zippers are weak and prone to breakage
- Constructed of rugged 1680 Ballistic fabric for durability. Linear dimension is 39 inches
Best Laptop Bag Design: Solo Walker Rolling Laptop Bag
The Solo Walker Rolling Laptop Bag is easy to notice. It’s eye-catching with a touch of elegance and sophistication. This is the perfect pick for travelers who are not merely looking for a bag to stuff their items in, but a fashion staple that makes them stand out.
Although smaller than other options such as the Solo Bryant and Alpine Swiss, you won’t fail to appreciate the beauty and simplicity that this bag exhibits. The Solo Walker is fashioned from an espresso-colored Columbian leather renowned for not only its durability but also elegance.
Just like the Solo Bryant, it carries a 5-year warranty which is a guarantee for durability and long life.
A catchy design comes with a price. If you need all the elegance and class that this bag can add to your personal style, you will have to dig deeper into your pockets. This is the most expensive bag in this list but it comes with features that easily make you look beyond the price.
Features We Love
- A well-padded 15-inch laptop compartment for securely storing your laptop while you travel
- Push-button telescopic handle system that seamlessly retracts into the bag when you’re done using it
- Easy to access primary compartment with a zip-down organizer for storing miscellaneous items such as notebooks, smartphones, pens, passport and business cards
- Durable full-grain leather body with a smooth and flawless finish
- Almost noiseless roller wheels for fast and smooth movement
- Material: Colombian leather
- Laptop compartment size: 15-inch
- Speedy roller wheels
- Color: brown
- Warranty: 5 years
- Beautiful leather body
- Adjustable and detachable shoulder strap
- Good shape. Fits into most spaces
- 5-year warranty
- Non-detachable design
- Business Travel Work Bag: The Solo walker rolling laptop bag is a fashionable yet functional daily...
- Quick Access: The Solo New York walker rolling laptop bag is packed with easy to access features;...
- Organized Mobile Office: Our rolling work bag includes large and spacious compartments that...
Features to Consider in a Rolling Laptop Bag
Taking a leap from backpacks to a rolling bag is a huge decision and one that is going to cost you more than you are used to spending on a bag. It is, therefore, important that you get nothing but the best rolling laptop bag. Knowing what to look for is the first step towards buying a bag that clicks with your needs, budget, and preferences.
Here are some factors you should keenly look out for when buying the best rolling laptop bag.
Storage Space and Organization
The primary reason you are buying a bag is to store your valuables in it. Storage space is, therefore, a top priority. The amount of space you need, that is, the size of the bag, depends on the size of your laptop and the number of other items you plan to pack. For example, a 17-inch bag will be a better choice than a 15-inch one if you have a 17-inch laptop.
Additionally, if you want to pack other bulky stuff such as clothes and shoes, you need a wider bag as opposed to a thin one. We recommend that you consider bags with padded laptop compartments. These ones provide extra protection and ensure your laptop is safe at all times.
Material and Design
There is a bewildering array of materials used to make laptop bags. Sometimes, you are not even sure what you are getting. What you plan to do with the bag should directly inform the kind of material you settle for. For example, if you need a business travel bag, leather will be a good fit.
On the other hand, if you are more interested in durability than style, then polyester or nylon rolling laptop bag will be a better choice. The material determines both the look and longevity of your bag so you should be careful which one you settle for.
Rolling bags are known for being comfortable and convenient to move around with, but sometimes you might get one that doesn’t live up to your expectations. Look for a bag that is shaped in such a manner that it will evenly distribute the weight of the items for maximum comfort.
The handles should also be padded and offer a firm grip so you don’t end up with a sore palm.
Most rolling laptop bags come with straps so this is not something you should worry too much about. However, you should always check to ensure that the straps are there. Never assume only to reach home and discover they are not.
Compartment straps offer extra protection for your laptop while external ones come in handy when you want to attach a small rolling bag to a larger one or simply carry it around when rolling is not ideal.
It is important that the bag you buy matches your personality. You don’t want to end up with something that you feel uncomfortable carrying around. While there are those that care only about practicability, some people prefer bags that blend well with their personal style.
Do you like casual, semi-casual or a more executive look? If you are looking for a well-designed and beautiful option, we recommend the Solo Walker.
Rolling laptop bags are generally more secure than regular suitcases and backpacks but you should always bank on extra security features. Prioritize bags that have anti-theft capabilities to protect you from theft.
An anti-theft bag is a good option if you:
- Are traveling in a crowded city
- Use crowded public transportation
- Have a laptop, phone, credit cards, national ID or any other valuables in your bag
Some anti-theft security features to look out for include:
- Slash-proof fabric. Usually, these are the kinds of fabric made of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- Slash-proof straps that are reinforced with flexible steel wire
- Lockable zippers
- Secret pockets
- RFID blocking slots for storing credit cards, passport and ID.
Go for a rolling bag that moves quickly and smoothly. If you need better mobility, you should consider those with spinning wheels such as Perry Ellis. They are not only fast but also quick in changing directions and maneuvering areas that rigid wheels may have difficulty gliding through.
You will no doubt be using your bag a lot when you travel. It is therefore important that your laptop bag enables you to pass through security checkpoints without much hassle. This means that you don’t have to fully unpack for your items to be inspected. Instead, the security personnel should clearly see your laptop and other items without having to remove them.
When shopping for a laptop rolling laptop bag, ensure that it has a laptop-only compartment which can be unfolded to fully expose the laptop when it goes through the security X-RAY belt. Common styles include sleeves, trifold and butterfly compartments. You should also ensure that your bag doesn’t have unnecessary metal buckles or zippers around the laptop compartment.
Keeping back pains and bad postures at bay is as simple as ditching your backpack for rolling laptop bags. The problem is, buying a good rolling laptop bag may be a hassle when you don’t know what to look for. Features such as storage, mobility, security, and comfort should be a top priority. We hope that this guide will help you buy a rolling laptop bag that you will not only be proud of and also make your traveling more adventurous.